[HG-PBEM] Re: Outside the Room

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:16:12 -0800
On 1 Mar 2003, at 11:55, John Guilfoyle wrote:

> Juliette's eyes were drawn to the Sand Rider standing at the side of the table
> as she answered. She avoided looking at the GREL. "Very impressive," she
> remarked, then looked back at the Colonel. "When do you hope to have the team
> fully assembled?"

"Soon, I hope," the Colonel answered. "Diggs William is coming do--"

"You mean William Diggs," Jezabel corrected.

"No, it is Diggs William," the Colonel recorrected. "Westerners place
their clan name before their given, Jezabel." The woman took the
correction with poise. "Now, where was I," the team owner fumbled.
"Ah, Diggs William should be here in a week's time, just before the
time trials. We seem to have won your trust and commission to our
team. As for those other three, I don't know." He looked over at
Jezabel. "I don't think they enjoyed our little game, but I still don't
think our efforts will fall through on them."

"You're forgetting about the Southern movie star, dear."

"Right, right," the Colonel acknowledged to his wife. "Though, that
deal isn't set in stone just yet."