[antispam-f] Re: / in rules

  • From: Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:30:38 +0000 (GMT)

In article <fedeeb954e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, my personal feeling is that it belongs in *your* version but is
> potentially confusing in the context of someone else's Rules:  for a
> start, it looks like a C++ (?) style comment, where the '//' denotes
> the *start* and not the end of the comment on the line....

I find it quite amazing that so many people (admittedly all
programmeras) associate something that is merely a delimiter with
specific other languages.

I could be like that too and point out that everyone (in a different
software environment) would associate "//" with the start of a line of
JCL.

I just chose a simple double-characetr delimiter which I thought was
unlikely to turn up in criterion values.  I deliberately avoided ||
because some people would then be confused over single/double use of
the | character.

> It seems to me an unnecessary complication that is inconsistent with
> the other comment types available.

Types?  There's only one other type in AS isn't there?

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll, Edinburgh, Scotland - my opinions are my own.