[antispam-f] Re: Skip? Abort?

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:44:12 GMT

On 11 Dec 2006 as I do recall,
          Steven Pampling wrote:

> On 10 Dec, Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ...that's exactly what I did - and the first three messages quite
> > definitely got downloaded twice, once from the 'skipped' run and then
> > again when I subsequently downloaded the whole thing.   That is,
> > AntiSpam can't have successfully logged off the server, or whatever it
> > does - the stuff I'd already downloaded was still up there.
>
> It downloads and then at the end of the run against that mailbox it sends
> the delete. Hence the double download - they downloaded on the first
> (aborted) run and then again on the second.
>
> The technique is to download *a copy* and then mark the original for
> deletion.
>
> I think the only way AS could behave as you are requesting is to treat each
> mail as requiring a new session on the server.

What I remembered being described was a command (of some sort) to send a
'quit' to the server *now*, where 'now' equals whatever message has been
reached.   You've already sent the deletes as each message was
downloaded - the server just doesn't execute them until you log off
properly.   (Please pardon inaccurate terminology.)

And from my scanty knowledge, when looking at the source it does appear
as if that is exactly what ought to be happening from the code as it
stands... unless the problem is that you simply can't quit in this
fashion in the middle of a message?

--
H. Bazley

Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 100-foot clipper.