[antispam-f] Re: Skip? Abort?

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 03:27:01 GMT

On 11 Dec 2006 as I do recall,
          Frank de Bruijn wrote:

[snip]

> So the bottom line is: you can't count on the server acting on a QUIT
> command if you send it while you're downloading a message (i.e. when
> the RETR command is being executed).

<shrug> Well, fair enough;  I can see that from the server's point of
view it's not a reasonable thing to do!   I just had an idea that it was
possible, which from the point of view of the code it obviously was
supposed to be....

I shall just have to try to remember not to mark large headered messages
for acceptance *after* hanging up late at night, with the consequence
that I have to download them before I can accept anything else the next
day.   :-)

(The daft thing is that I've got all the paraphernalia for delaying
large messages in place;  it just only really works out if I remember to
do a second pass while still dialled in after accepting the messages!)

--
H. Bazley

People who live in stone houses shouldn't throw glasses.