[antispam-f] Re: Skip? Abort?

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:39:00 GMT

In message <cd6044934e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2006 as I do recall,
>           Frank de Bruijn wrote:
>
> > Have you tried 'Skip' to cancel the current mailbox, followed by 'Abort'
> > to abort the rest of the run?
>
> ...that's exactly what I did - and the first three messages quite
> definitely got downloaded twice, once from the 'skipped' run and then
> again when I subsequently downloaded the whole thing.   That is,
> AntiSpam can't have successfully logged off the server, or whatever it
> does - the stuff I'd already downloaded was still up there.

The trouble is that POP3 does not permit stopping a download in mid-
stream.  If you really want to do that, all you can do is drop the
connection (the socket).  A consequence is that the deletes that you
have ordered will then not be done; they are queued up, and only acted
on when quitting in an orderly manner.

Dave