[antispam-f] Re: Skip? Abort?

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:27:50 GMT

On 11 Dec 2006 Steven Pampling wrote:

> On 10 Dec, Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ...that's exactly what I did - and the first three messages quite
>> definitely got downloaded twice, once from the 'skipped' run and then
>> again when I subsequently downloaded the whole thing.   That is,
>> AntiSpam can't have successfully logged off the server, or whatever it
>> does - the stuff I'd already downloaded was still up there.
>
> It downloads and then at the end of the run against that mailbox it sends
> the delete. Hence the double download - they downloaded on the first
> (aborted) run and then again on the second.
>
> The technique is to download *a copy* and then mark the original for
> deletion.
>
> I think the only way AS could behave as you are requesting is to treat each
> mail as requiring a new session on the server.

You can however set the maximum number of messages or bytes to
download per run. If you set the limit fairly low it will minimise the
number of repeats in the event of an aborted run. I suppose you could
set the limit to one message but that would be rather inefficient.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/