[antispam-f] Re: Combining rules

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:52:58 +0100

On 8 Jun 2007 Tricia Garner wrote:

> On 08 Jun, in article <02ffa5ef4e.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>   Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 7 Jun 2007 Tricia Garner wrote:

>>> I think I need to combine an Accept From rule with a Divert rule but
>>> it's the syntax for the Divert rule which I can't get. Could some kind
>>> person point me in the right direction?

>> No you just need a Divert rule. You can't both accept and divert a
>> message, although the destination in both cases could be the same.

> Now I'm even more confused. Wouldn't that divert all messages? How do I
> specify which ones to divert, let alone where to?

Sorry I've misread your question. You said that you wanted to divert
mail _for_ a particular user. That implies that you want to process
outgoing mail, which you won't do with AntiSpam.

If you want to trap incoming mail from a particular sender then you
just need a rule or rules like

 DIVERT From: = *sender*
 DIVERT Sender: = *sender*

where *sender* uniquely matches the sender's address.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/