[antispam-f] Re: Combining rules

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - freelists <jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 16:21:23 +0100

Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08 Jun, in article <02ffa5ef4e.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>   Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 7 Jun 2007 Tricia Garner wrote:
>
> > > I think I need to combine an Accept From rule with a Divert rule but
> > > it's the syntax for the Divert rule which I can't get. Could some kind
> > > person point me in the right direction?
>
> > No you just need a Divert rule. You can't both accept and divert a
> > message, although the destination in both cases could be the same.
>
> Now I'm even more confused. Wouldn't that divert all messages?

Surely only if you made the criterion in the rule so vague that it matched
all messages?  Just like any other rule it can surely be as specific as you
need it to be.

I don't use the relevant version of AntiSpam but I'd hazard a guess that in
the config file you define the file into which diverted items will be put
(as opposed to the normal download file), but seledction of those items is
done by Divert rules.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own