[analogorgans] Re: SOS "Expression Pedal not working"

  • From: "bh" <lexicon13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 17:24:51 -0500

Hi Charles,

        Thanks for your reply.   I went through my Rodgers Scarborough
750 manual and came upon schematic 1600A (OUTPUT PREAMP) and saw the
following:

ON EXP PEDAL
-----------
|   +25    |
|     |    |
|_____=____|                 O----    1460-026
                             |         AFFECTS
                             |      LDR'S 19,43,87,149
                             =

Yes, Charles, you are right on target.  I looked at the OUTPUT PREAMP
and found the (CdS Cells) under a black cover; there are four Cells
which surrounds the lamp. So, I turned on the organ, turned on an 8'
Flute stop, used a pencil to lock in one of the key signals on the GREAT
organ and took a flash-light to the back of the organ and shined it on
the CDS cells where the lamp is located and the organ volume went up and
down as I shined the light on and off the lamp area.  Wow, I would have
never thought to have looked there.  Let me know if the above specs
relates to the correct lamp that I need and if you have any, please let
me know.

Barry