[analogorgans] Re: SOS "Expression Pedal not working"

  • From: Charles Strack <voceumana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 13:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

NO--it's probably NOT shorted. Pots have 3
connections: top of the resistor, bottom of the
resistor, and wiper; connect between either top or
bottom and the wiper, and you get a variable
resistance; connect between the top & bottom of the
resistor and you get no variation at all.

Rodgers used the pots to drive a lamp, which was
closely coupled to a light dependant resistor (CdS
Cell) under a black cover. If the lamp burns out, no
variation in volume, so perhaps you've just got a
burned out lamp.

Rodgers used a couple of different style covers and
lamps, but it should be on the output board. It's
probably a #19 or a #24CS lamp, but I don't have the
manual so I can't say for sure. 19's are easy to come
by, but 24CS's are hard to find. If it turns out to be
that one, let me know, as I have a few spares I could
part with.

Charlie Strack

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/