[analogorgans] Re: SOS "Expression Pedal not working"

  • From: GERALD PERRY <gerald.perry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 11:26:16 -0700 (PDT)

It sounds like the potentiometer is dirty or is shorted. Get a spray can of
electronic cleaner and spray the pot thru the openings. Work the pedal back and
forth several times. If you have an ohmmeter check to see that the resistance
varies when the pedal is moved. If there is no change you need to replace it.
  My experience is that after removing the back of the organ, you will have to
remove a cardboard enclosure that surrounds the expression pedal in order to
get to the pot.
  Hope this helps.

bh <lexicon13@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hello,

I have a Rodgers 750I organ and the entire organ is under one
expression pedal/volume control. While practicing a Toccata halfway
thru, the volume of the organ suddenly changed to full organ volume; ...
my feet were too busy pedaling away and weren't operating the expression
pedal at the time.

Where I live, Rodgers' techs are a few states away.
Nevertheless, I have some technical knowledge and I am hoping it a small
problem that can be remedied. If anyone can help with an answer to my
SOS, it would be greatly appreciated.

Barry
Email: lexicon13@xxxxxxxxxxx