[amayausers] Re: needles and thread breaks on nylon jacket

  • From: "Marty Bies" <mbies@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:58:20 -0600

You might try running the design thru the Stitch Proximity Filter.  This has
helped me get rid of several pesky thread break spots.  It is under
Tools/Filter/Proximity Filter.  I usually like to set it to 1.7 instead of the
default 1.5.  I also usually save the design, then save it as <file>-temp.ofm
before I run the filter.  When you run the filter it changes the design to
expanded which makes it hard to edit afterword.

Marty
J2H Design

________________________________

                        From: "Avalon Embroidery" <avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>
                        Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:36:19 -0800
                        To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                        Subject: [amayausers] Re: needles and thread breaks on
nylon jacket

                        speed was 600......

                        font density was the default of 4.5..........and I
added a bit of column width  (120%)

                        needles were  new 70/10 sharps - (titanium) and I was
unable to go more than one to two letters before all hell broke loose.

                        Now, I've switched to CooperDak font.....same speed,
same density, same column width, same needles......no problems.

                        weird.

                                        From: "Avalon Embroidery"
<avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>
                                        Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:43:09 -0800
                                        To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
thread breaks on nylon jacket

                                        Judy

                                        I'm getting "partial" shredding
breaks......where it appears the inner core of the thread usually stays intact,
but the outer "shell" gets all knotted up in the needle case area...