[amayausers] Re: (No Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:07:26 -0600

  • From: "r.rinehartsr" <drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:05:48 -0500

Just wanted to say that the Carharts are DONE!!!!!  YEA!!!!   Since they were
on the front chest, I was not able to take out a seam and was forced to hoop
through all layers.  One of the jackets had a heavy polar type fleece lining
and the others had flannel like quilted linings.  After placing the top hoop
over the inside hoop, I used a short screwdriver to tighten the bolt a little
then adjust the hoop a little ( to keep it from popping off) and go through
those same steps until it wouldn't tighten anymore.  I had a 3oz cutaway for
backing, no topping and used an MT of 9, but after several false breaks,
dropped it to 7 and it stitched beautifully at a speed of 1150.  The design and
logo were about 10,000 stitches and so only needed the 5.9mm round hoop.  AFter
dropping the MT, they all stitched without one break.  It was a purchased
design consisting of a barn, silo, tree, fense, tractor sun and cloud outline,
plus the placid font, which was in my older Viking software.  The font was
GREAT.  So, all's well that ends well!!!!!!!        THANKS for all your help.
 DEBBIE