[amayausers.com] Re: how to fire a customer?

  • From: OnleeJudy@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:26:19 EDT

A quick and easy way to regain your confidence.... go find ANY old towel,
or buy a scrap of terry toweling at the fabric store.  Do what you THINK
she is asking for, and show it to her.  You might not be communicating well
because you are speaking Chinese and she is speaking French, and there is no
available interpreter.  It might just be that a sample or example would be
needed by her because, maybe, she doesn't know what to ask for.

And then if it doesn't work, just tell her the truth...you're afraid you'll
 disappoint her and you don't want to take the chance of ruining her
(beautiful  , luxurious, costly, special) items.

And then have a cry or heave a sigh, have a big chocolate something, and
don't cook tonight.  Either way, you'll feel better tomorrow.

In a message dated 03/22/2010 3:14:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
brusselembroidery@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Well,  one would think that someone like me, who can hardly every turn up a
customer  for anything, would want to not do a job for a customer, but here
it is.  What's the best way to tell someone you will not be able to do
their job? This  person has dropped off some towels, so I can certainly return
them to her.  Anyone have a suggestion? I can easily think of some nice
polite white lies,  but the bottom line is, I am not communicating well with
her.
It's monograms  which I realize is something I have absolutely no
experience of or idea how to  do, so I can't make any decent suggestions for
her, and
she's taken up so much  of my time already with constant emails and
questions that I can hardly face  doing the sewing. My luck has been very poor
lately with doing even the most  basic items, and I can see myself buying new
towels from Restoration Hardware  to replace these and I just don't want to do
it. I am basically a truthful  person, so I would rather say, I'm not
feeling like I can do this properly,  you need to find someone else. But maybe
that's not totally necessary or  advisable? Suggestions?

Carol Brussel
Brussel  Embroidery