[amayausers.com] Re: Names on hats, prices?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:04:26 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1214.html#000008

With only one head, you would be lucky to do 6-8 hats an hour. Maybe if you
could do the backs with a speedclamp system it would go faster...but otherwise
you are looking at a gross of only $15-$20 per hour. For those of us with a
single head, that doesn't cover overhead or if you have to pay an
employee...you are losing money. Those shops with a couple heads can do it, but
I'm one that would also charge a minimum of $4 if WE supply the item, $5 to $10
if the customer supplies it.(depends on item and quantity) Also, as an
independant ad specialty rep-EVERY company that does hats (China, Vietnam,
wherever they come from) WILL ALSO DO THE BACKS for a price-and I would bet
your customer didn't want to pay THEIR price to have it done and wanted you to
do it for less. Or, as someone mentioned-he needed an individual name on every
hat and they wouldn't do it!
Stand firm-you know what it takes to pay your bills! Once you start throwing
out low prices it can come back to haunt you-everyone will want the low prices
and you will never have a chance to make money!