[amayausers.com] Re: Names on hats, prices?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:56:20 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1214.html#000002

you haven't told us how many there are?
it depends if your hungry or not? if you need the work, I would do names all
day for $2.50 you have no money out in product and are working on his dime.
but, make sure he knows if there are any mistakes on supplied garments, the
risk is his, and they won't be replaced or reimbursed.

if you set the names up and hoop fast, I think $2.50 would be OK, I wouldn't
make the name much bigger than .35 or.25 and keep the density around 4 or 4.5
to keep your turn time fast, and I wouldn't try to trim between letters either.
if you need to get a perm. sharpie that matches the hat and dot the jump
stitches.

Sometimes this thinking isn't going to work if quality and high profit margins
is the most important thing to you. WE take quality as a high priority but also
keeping the machines running and trying to balance speed, and price without
completely sacrificing the quality. the saying
"you can have it fast, cheap or good... Pick any two" really rings true these
days.

Just my 2 cents
Ron