[amayausers.com] Re: Names on hats, prices?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 00:03:39 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1214.html#000005

I thought I should clarify, I run a screenprint shop that makes up 85% of my
sales, and embroidery isn't my livelihood like it is for some others on the
list. Granted it is important but we can afford to do things less expensively
than others sometimes because of the other income that comes in.
Others aren't that lucky, this is the same reason that big shops can walk all
over small ones on price. While your doing your 2 jobs for the day they are
pushing out 30 or 40. You make the money in quantity, that being said, the
quality that is put out can be less than a small shop that puts the extra
attention into all the fine details.

I didn't want it to come off like we don't care about quality or that big shops
don't either, or that small shops only care about the quality and charge higher
prices to compensate. each shop out here is as unique as the people that run
them.
Everyone works with what they are most comfortable with and that makes every
answer the "Right answer" Hope that sheds a little more light on my  response.
Ron