[amayausers] Re: Motorcycle Jacket Back patches.

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 16:33:05 -0700

Dorothy is correct.  I buy my patch material from ANdrew at Salem Emblem,
sew out my patches and then send them to him for merrowing.  For small
orders I have a local friend with a serger and I just sew a column around
the patch to get the look I want and she runs over them with the serger
which lays a layer of thread over the existing border and cuts it at the
same time.  For larger orders I use Andrew.  I use a twill type fabric tthat
is fused with a backing so the material is thick enough to hold the stiches
without puckering too bad.

Sometimes if the order is over 50 I use Patch Supply COmpany in CA who send
them overseas.  It takes around 6 weeks but for my Sheriffs Badges that are
16k stitches they cost less than $2 each at Quantities of around 200, around
$2.60 for 100 and the quality is excellent and for a few cents more you can
have them put on a backing that makes them iron on.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
541-770-2957