[amayausers.com] Re: Leather

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:07:51 UT

This message was posted by sschroed2 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/655.html#000001

I sew on Leathers and vinyls constantly.  I only use actifeed and set the lower
limit to 1 or 2.  I've never had any problems.  Make sure your presser foot is
set right.  I set mine where a piece of paper moves easily back & forth between
the foot and material.  Also, make sure your bobin thread pulls through easily
(no drag).  Sometimes i've found also that some top solvy helps.  I use
Aquafilm for a top solvy, it's clear and thicker but goes away easily with a
little water.

You may also want to check the font & thread density you're using and see if
you've added underlay. Some of the fonts already have underlay built in and if
you add it that can be a problem.