[amayausers] Re: Incomplete Trims

  • From: Bob Purvis <bob.purvis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:55:54 -0700

Hey Rod,
Don't get me wrong I think my two machines are great.
But, the trimming mechanism\process is a fundmental requirement of the
machine, it has
to work every time, all the time,  under every condition (ie humidity, temp,
type of thread, etc)

It's the former engeering\customer service in me writing this.

How ofthen do your machines miss trims?   Just wondering.

thanks...bp

Rod or Sharon wrote:
Herb, Bob, John, My gut feeling is that it is not a software or machine
problem.........not what you want to hear I know but after experiencing many
miss trims of my own off and on, I think that just the thread itself causes
more problems than anything else. A mechanical missed trim would be where
thelower knife would miss picking up the thread altogether and just not pull
it into and under the upper knife. The missed trims I have witnessed have
been where the thread is caught, pulled under the upper knife and mashed
flatbetween the two blades, kind of like a dull pair of scissors will do.
Thereason, I believe, that making adjustments in thread feed appears to have
an affect, is that it may change the tension of the thread as it is being
pulled into and under the upper knife. Humidity may play a part in this as I
suspect dry thread, old thread, bum thread, may play a bigger part than we
realize I'm just thinking out loud here........and adding my 2
cents........not ruling out software , mechanical , or design issues, just
offering some thoughts....... Rod Embroidery Cottage Rod &Sharon Springer
Melco Trained Amaya Tech/Trainer Design Shop Pro+ Digitizing Boise, ID 83713
208-938-3038 ----- Original Message ----- From: "HK Acree"
<hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>[1] To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[2] Sent: Saturday,
April 09, 2005 8:04 PM Subject: [amayausers] Re: Incomplete Trims Bob. I
agree with you on the thickness part. Say I am at a five, get missed trims,
go to a four, get thread breaks. Go in to thread feed, adjust to say 35-40.
Missed trims are better but the sewout suffers from not enough thread. Think
there is an issue here but have not found the answer. Herb Royal Embroidery
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Purvis" <bob.purvis@xxxxxxx>[3] To:
<amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[4] Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 6:12 PM
Subject:[amayausers] Re: Incomplete Trims I always get incomplete trims and
always have. On two machines. It has been better since I had them looked at,
adjusted, etc. But I still get them. Screw up several sewouts..... I run my
material thickness on the higher side and think it has something to do with
it. But in the end I think its a design flaw. I live with it, not sure why.
Take care..... bob purvis island embroidery John Yaglenski wrote: Our
princess has just recently started occasionally missing a trim. She tries,
does not complete, moves on to the next area and usually at that point,
breaks the thread and stops the job. Thoughts on solving this, or do I need
call tech support? - - - - John Yaglenski Chairman &CEO, Levelbest
Communications I: http://www.levelbest.com[5] P: 888.229.1779 / 301.591.2481
Levelbest Network Sites Include: intercot.com / webdisney.com /
intercotwest.com urbanamaryland.com / mousehut.com / udflyers.com
levelbestembroidery.com

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx