[amayausers.com] Re: False bobbin breaks

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:28:44 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/936.html#000001

Set it to autofeed...not standard and it should be a big difference. Your loops
are from the hat face 'bouncing' (flagging) up and down-creating loose thread
because of the 16 setting-that is way too loose (at least from what techs have
showed me on our big red). Pressor foot should be all the way down and back 1
click. Otherwise it lets the face bounce, creating the loops.
Digitizing should be from bottom (brim edge of face) to the top, and wherever
you can, lettering or design, breakit up to sew from the center out.
When I run into 'flagging' and can't split the design to go center out, I lay
down a walk stitch 'tie down' outline of the whole design (wherever I can hide
it with the design) from the bottom to the top. This ties that face to your
stiff backing and it will stay still and not pucker for the rest of the design.
I use a stiff tearaway backing, and watched Hugo's video (or is it Herb's? so
many people with excellent help in here I lose track) and make sure
that the hat is FIRMLY pushed down on the hoop station. The only time I use
standard (manual) setting is when I play around on foam front hats.