[amayausers] Re: Disposable Computers

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:51:20 -0800

The big problem if you don't mention "Dell"
is the Laptop problem.
Dell uses a lot of their own designed Mother boards
and swapping out a new one in a laptop is next to impossible
which is one of the reasons they are still so expensive, it's not the technology
but the ability to cram al the micro sized components into the small space.

I have been building my own for a couple of years now and enjoy
the hobby and the savings when building a powerhouse.
I can usually build one for around half of the cost of  Staples or
office depot. When it comes to all the Celeron processors that
are available in the cheaper versions it's hard to beat those $300
to $400 versions but at least if something goes bad I can replace it.

I also get tired of spending $1000 and have to wait for what seems like
a year to get my rebates to get down to the price advertised!!

Got to remember it's a business like everything else.
We all would all love to have a product that needs to be replaced
on a regular basis!
Oh well, that's Capitalism.

Good Luck.
Ron Vinyard