[amayausers] Re: Design Database images

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:27:06 -0600

Hi LuAnn and All,

 Melco does not provide a printout of the FREE designs supplied with their
software. Melco years ago had a design production department and did do
digitizing. They got out of that business a long time ago, but they have a
small collection of designs from this period of time. It was decided to go
ahead and give some of the designs in the Melco collection with the software
as an added bonus for free. Melco never had a real nice printed catalog like
you would get from a company that is in the business of selling designs. A
nice printed catalog would be needed to be able to offer them to the public
for sale. As the designs are free a catalog has never been developed.  Then
later it was also decided to add a DataBase option, and again, for FREE. As
time has gone on, some work has been done to the DataBase module to try and
make it as worthwhile and functional as possible, but as it is not sold as
an option or as a separate product, a lot of time and money has not been
spent on it. Even with that said, the latest versions of it are pretty
functional for something that is offered as a freebie.

 The latest versions of the DataBase allow printing of the entire catalog.
Open the Database by double clicking on the Database Icon on the desktop. Go
to File, then Print Catalog. This will print a catalog. The catalog is not
high resolution, and does not print the colors to use on the designs as a
nice catalog from Dakota or others might do, but it does print a medium
sized low resolution thumbnail of the designs, along with the size and
stitch count of the design. It also prints an Index. This was added to the
latest version of the Database module so that people could print their own
catalogs if they wish to do so. As more and more people start using the
DataBase and request more from it, I am sure further development will occur.

A NOTE: Before printing the catalog, click on TOOLS, then Options, then go
to the Measurements TAB and change it to inches instead of points.

 If a PDF file of the catalog is needed, there is some free PDF file
creation software on the Internet. Go to www.cutepdf.com. They offer a
Freeware version of their software that is great. It works as a printer
driver in your computer. You just open the Database and tell it to print the
catalog and choose the CutePDF printer in the Print Manager of Windows. This
program works with anything that you can print, and makes PDF files from it.
I find it excellent. I have also uploaded a PDF file of the design catalog
to my personal WEB space from my ISP. I used the CutePDF program to create
the file. You can also get it by going to
https://home.comcast.net/~banksje/DesignCatalog.pdf.

 Hope this helps,

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems

Is there a print out available anywhere for the designs that are in the
Design Database in my Amaya software?
It is such a pain to scroll through the designs to find something and then
not being able to find it again? UGH!!!
Help please!
Thanks...
LuAnn @ Image Embroidery