[amayausers] Re: Dead in the water

  • From: "Avalon Embroidery & Apparel" <avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 21:55:08 -0700

Steve

It sounds like you are on the right track.  If it sews on the other needles,
then you can rule out timing.

If you get a magnifying glass and look at the needles, you should see a long
"groove" in the front of the needle that starts down at the eye and goes up
into the "fat" part of the shank.  That groove is the front.

Silly as it may sound, check your entire thread path....starting at the eye
of the needle and working your way up all the way to the cone of thread.
I've seen thread wrapped around the bottom of a cone or snagged on it
causing problems.  I've seen thread not properly threaded into all the
little holes of the thread path....etc..(I'm a tech)

Now that you've narrowed it down to 2 needles, that eliminates many
possibilities.  Keep after it.

Brad