[adtools] Re: libstdc++-v3 Multilib Support

  • From: Sebastian Bauer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:04:21 +0200

Hi!

Trevor Scroggins <trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> > The next thing I would like to ensure is that gcc 4.4.4 is really working
> > (especially, I had no time yet to test the baserel stuff) and then move
this
> > branch to trunk.
> If we're benefiting from the work being done by IBM, Freescale, and
> others, then yes, absolutely. Do we have a committee for approving
> major change to trunk? Are these changes fed to Hyperion and others,
> or is everyone working from a branch and merging if and when needed?

AFAIK the compiler provided by the SDK is compiled directly from the adtools
repository with manual interventions. A cross environment is not really
distributed at the moment, so this relies on third parties. The gcc 4.4.x
branch is in the branches directory. I would like to have it merged to trunk
already (and created a separate branch for the gcc 4.2.x line) but I gave this
up due to the slowness of sourceforge. So development for gcc 4.4.x continues
in the separate branch.

TODOs for the gcc 4.4.x branch are:
   1) verify that baserel compliation still works
   2) verify that shared objects works
   3) reimplement the CHECK68K stuff (though I do not know whether we really
need this anymore)

Bye,
Sebastian

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools