[adtools] Re: libstdc++-v3 Multilib Support

  • From: Trevor Scroggins <trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:35:26 -0700

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Trevor Scroggins
<trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS = mbaserel/msoft-float msdata/msoft-float \
>        mrelocatable/msdata* fpic/msdata* fPIC/msdata* msdata*/mcall-*
>
> The other exceptions are based on bad combinations of switches
> from sysv4.h, but I don't know if they'll be honored.

That was naive. Can I blame the GCC documentation? ;-) I've dropped
back to the following for testing, as that's what delivered by the
SDK.

MULTILIB_OPTIONS = mcrt=newlib/mcrt=clib2/mcrt=clib2-ts msoft-float
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES = newlib clib2 clib2-ts soft-float

Shared libraries want -fPIC, and since we can't have -fPIC
-msdata=default, we can't have small-data shared libraries. If that's
intentional, then we need a flag to disable building shared libraries
in certain multilib configurations. I don't know how to do that yet.

Trev
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP