[adtools] Re: libstdc++-v3 Multilib Support

  • From: Sebastian Bauer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:47:18 +0200

Hi!

Trevor Scroggins <trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

> A little clarification: A small C++ program will not link because
> libstd++ needs strtod:

As said earlier, shared objects are not (yet) supported by clib2. I think that
you need special startup code, which the clib2 library doesn't provide.

> As far as I can tell, clib2 doesn't provide soft-float implementations
> of its math functions.
> Do all AmigaOS 4.x supported CPUs have hardware floating point? If
> yes, then why provide mcrt=lib2/msoft-float on AmigaOS 4.x? We can ask
> Olaf, but perhaps it was just to maintain build parity between
> different platforms.

AFAIK all CPUs that are supported by AmigaOS4 support hardware floating
points. I think that Olaf is on this list, so he may clarify the state of the
(theoretical) soft floating support of clib2.

Of course it is not the case for 68k processors, which are also supported by
clib2.

Bye,
Sebastian

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools