[adtools] Re: libstdc++-v3 Multilib Support

  • From: Sebastian Bauer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:48:35 +0200

Hi!

Trevor Scroggins <trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> > and leaving all the other bits intact as they are in the SVN. That way
> newlib
> > and clib2 libs are generated in the same build (and hence the building is
> > simplified). The reason for the failing that I observed is that the
> (multilib)
> > configure of libiberty doesn't pass the -mcrt=clib2 flag to the compiler
> that
> > is used to determine the capabilities in configure (and thus the contents
of
> > config.h). This could be a problem in the baseline, but I'm not sure. For
> > libstdc++, the flags are properly passed.
> >
> > I can fix this easily in configure, but I have no clue where this really
> stems
> > from.
>
> Take a look at these very old threads:

BTW
Building GCC 4.4.4 with the multilib stuff requires no change. I suggest that
we apply those patches to our GCC 4.2.4 line then, if they solve the configure
problem. As you have already applied them, could you provide the a diff of the
relevant changes? (not the t-amigaos change for now, just the general
configure stuff).

Bye,
Sebastian

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools