[access-uk] Re: ssound blaster audidgy 1 or 2? and alternatives

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 02:29:25 +0100

Thanks Joe..  You almost make me want to join the Midi list!

Just to say though that Midiman became M-Audio.  There may have been a merger a
couple of years back or more, but its essentially the same company.

I place a lot of store by quiet computers, and they aren't always that
exspensive, though for multi-track audio recording you are not talking budget
range.

I guess the only other thing we should bear in mind is the possibility of some
of the stuttering, crackling noises some have experienced with some sound
cards, but in many instances people may well use such a high quality sound card
in addition to what they have already to handle the speech output side of
things.  As I've said I still use an external synth, and that does tend to
speed up the responsiveness of your PC.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx