[access-uk] Re: ssound blaster audidgy 1 or 2? and alternatives

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:40:52 +0100

Please note slight change of subject line as I am going to ask Steve, Please
share your findings on alternatives to Soundblaster with the list.  I have
already mentioned M-Audio, but their are one or two other manufactureres that
could be worth investigation.

In terms of audio recording and the like sound quality is very important, but
things like latency, which usually come down to the drivers, could also be
important.  Also, for our needs, how well they cope with the presence of a
second soundcard for speech, although here I still use an external synth.
Ray