[access-uk] problems with backing up e-mails from Outlook Express to a CD

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:30:47 +0100

Hi all,

I am running Jaws 8 on an XP Home machine and using Outlook Express 6 as my
e-mail client, although I do have Outlook installed.

recently I noticed that one of my e-mail folders had over 900 messages in
it.

I wish to take a percentage of these messages from that folder and back them
onto CD.

I tried to do this by copying the messages I wanted to back up into another
folder in Outlook Express and them exporting them in to Microsoft Outlook.
Once in Outlook I then backed that folder up to a windows file, I can not
remember if it was comma separated or tab delimited, but the resulting file
was a .txt file.

I then saved this to another part of my laptop PC and transferred it from
there to a CD.

The problem is that I do not seem to be able to access the saved e-mails on
the CD now.  and even if I were to find them on my PC and make certain that
they were put back on the CD, how could I be certain of being able to access
them and open them in Outlook Express if needed?

Thank you in advance for any answers to this problem that anyone can give.

Alexander Shannon