[access-uk] Re: ipad accessibility

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 23:13:02 +0100

Mark, though of course You are already familiar with the taps and flicks et
cetera of the iPhone, you will find the iPad quite different in some respects.

Whilst manyVI's  get on well with the Pad, I personally still prefer my phone.
That is one item I certainly would not sell, but think I would let the Pad go
if I really needed the money! Having said that, I like it particularly for
music as the speaker is a little  better than on the phone. I can get confused
from time to time with the changes in layout and don't think it's necessarily
the best for all totally blind people.

I suggest you go and have a play before committing yourself, if at all
possible, though I respect the fact you can never play enough to be totally
sure before you buy and the stores are pretty busy and noisy places. Hope this
helps

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using BrailleTouch