[access-uk] Re: ipad accessibility

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:55:40 +0100

Hi Mark

In essence, I didn't get on with the iPhone first time round, so gave it to
my son.  But as my confidence with using the iPod Touch grew, I bought an
iPad late last year, and got on well with it.  Then, a few months back, I
finally took the plunge and renewed my interest in the iPhone.  That made my
iPad really surplus, so I sold it.  I did like it though, but felt that as I
had my iPod Touch and an iPhone 5, it was better to recoup some of the money
invested before the iPad got too old.  As you say, these devices are not
cheap!

As the iPad is larger, the sound is better for music, and VoiceOver just has
more depth.  My iPod Touch is the fourth generation that I received as a
present more than two years ago.  While it has the latest iOS software, it
doesn't support Siri, and I do use this quite a lot on my iPhone 5.

If you can, get some hands-on at one of the Apple stores to see what you
prefer in terms of size.  They should allow you to try out each device and
ask any questions.

Good luck.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns