[access-uk] Re: internet banking

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 13:05:40 -0000

Hi Derek,

I imagine they expect that practically everyone will be Online by that time
with some sortive Access to transferring funds.  Be that Pay Pal, on a hand
held, PC, Mac or another method through another provider.  To be honest (and
I know people will throw their hands up), that's 7 years away and not all
that unreasonable a concept.

Look at the things that are coming have come from Apple, Android etc.  In
the IPhone 5 there's rumours you'll be able to use it essentially as a
Credit/Debit card for making physical purchases in shops.

With 3G and soon to be in the UK (4G), data connections these devices will
almost always have a Network connection.  With Apple (in particular),
commitment to Braille folks who can't make use of or prefer not to use TTS
will not be left out.

Regards,
Barry.