[access-uk] Re: internet banking

  • From: "John Farley" <j.farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 20:04:20 -0000

Hello all,

Like Chris, I also use Lloyds TSB and have very few issues with it. I am a
Window-Eyes user.

The only thing that needs quick reading is when setting up a new payment,
which is not an everyday task. When doing this there is an automated call to
your phone contact number. When you get this, a 4 digit number is given to
you on the phone. You then need to enter this in a box on the screen. Only
then is the new payment accepted. Once this has been done a few times you do
realise how to do it and what to expect. Bear in mind, mostly you will be
making payments to regular companies, people so this is then not required.

I think that internet banking is fabulous. It really makes the banking
experience so much more accessible to me.

I can only suggest that you establish if your own bank's service is
accessible first. If not, then change bank to one which does have an
accessible site.

Regards, John

John Farley

        Personal Contact              Work contact
E-Mail: j.farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       john.farley@xxxxxxxx