[access-uk] Re: how sad

  • From: "Clive Lever" <clive.lever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:19:40 +0100

Hi,

And they may be struggling further to find the volunteers, because in a number
of ways, volunteering can cost the volunteer.

Best,

Clive

From: "Shaun O'Connor"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I could be mistaken but I believe one of David Cameron's wonderful measures was
to render charitable entities liable to tax on donations hence . the cutback
because charitable bodies are required to set aside money to pay the exchequer,
therefore the amount of money available for some voluntary services is either
unavailable or heavily reduced.

On 27/06/2014 18:26, George Bell wrote:

With respect, John, surely the drivers here are volunteers, so how is this a
"cut back"?  George.  -----Original Message----- From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of john gallagher Sent: 27 June 2014
13:17 To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] how sad  hi futher to my
last well how true it is about only having one life and things are much harder
for us blind people now.  we have just had a letter this morning saying that
the service that was provided to us via the rotary club has ended.  this
service used to give blind people the chance to go to a concert in leeds where
the drivers would take you and fetch you back. so, as i said on my last post
things are going to get so much worse with the cut backs so if you can aford to
go for something and learn it then go for it.   ----- Original Message -----
From: john gallagher  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Friday, 27 June 2014
1.12 pm Subject: [access-uk] Re: More Nokia C5 Woes

 1still now we do have a much better choice than we did years ago.   hi there
well as jackie says that's why all this is so interesting as we are all
different i am very lucky to be able to buy stuff but my motoe is you only have
one life and if you want the best and you can get it go for it. it is bad
enough not seing anything in a visual world so just go for it. again i am very
fortunate to be able to do so but for me the tellorion has terific apps and it
is so very very easy to use. i do agree with you and martin though for someone
on a low budget it is hard to get something which is really very good and
accessible.   maybe in the future things like the telorion could work on the
new  moto gee at ?150 and again as you say blind people have to pay lots  more
for this stuff just like the satnav but at  ----- Original Message ----- From:
Ibrahim Gucukoglu  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Friday, 27 June 2014 1.06
pm Subject: [access-uk] Re: More Nokia C5 Woes

 Hi John.  Telorian is ?260 without a phone, its way above my price range let
alone Jim's LOL.  I've heard of it of course, but I'm not sure where  my money
would be going except in to the pocket of yet another  company providing
another bolt-on solution for Android devices.   Android phones have their own
accessibility built right in, so why  cant people learn to use that rather than
paying for a proprietary  solution?  With Talks and Symbian we didn't have much
choice, well we had talks or mobile speak, but this?  Anyway, I'll get off my
hobby horse now LOL.  -----Original Message----- From: john gallagher Sent:
Friday, June 27, 2014 9.07 AM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk]
Re: More Nokia C5 Woes  hi there what a shame he cannot afford the tellorion
and learn how  that works as it is so much much better and works on the android
 setup. maybe going on some kinnd of contract could solve it.  ----- Original
Message ----- From: Jackie Brown  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Friday, 27
June 2014 8.49 am Subject: [access-uk] Re: More Nokia C5 Woes

 Hi Ibrahim  I agree, absolutely, but Jim said he has limited funds, and unless
 he goes to the second-hand market, I could only think of the Alto2  as a quick
solution.   Kind regards,  Jackie Brown Twitter: @thebrownsplace Skype:
Thejackmate  -----Original Message----- From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On  Behalf Of Ibrahim Gucukoglu Sent: 26 June
2014 19.21 To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: More Nokia C5
Woes  Hi Jackie.  Surely the Alto 2 is a very basic phone which has very
limited features. You couldn't compare the two devices if you tried, and Jim
would  be losing a  lot of functionality by moving to such a cheap dumb phone.
All the best, Ibrahim.  -----Original Message----- From: Jackie Brown Sent:
Thursday, June 26, 2014 4.43 PM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[access-uk] Re: More Nokia C5 Woes  Hi Jim  With limited funds, and in keeping
with the type of phone you  already have, perhaps the nearest would be the
Alto2 from RNIB?  I  suggest this because it is unlocked, and will enable you
to simply  swap over your Sim card.  It also has a tactile keypad, and you
wouldn't need to purchase a Talks upgrade because speech is built  into the
Alto2.  I hope this helps give you some food for thought.    Kind regards,
Jackie Brown Twitter: @thebrownsplace Skype: Thejackmate  -----Original
Message----- From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Williams Sent: 26 June 2014 14.51 To: BCAB Discussion List Cc:
access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] More Nokia C5 Woes  Hi Lists,
Apologies for cross posting but I need as much advice as possible.  I thought
the battery had died on my C5 but tests prove this not  to be the case.  I have
been informed that is probably a display  malfunction or even a motherboard
issue.  The display will cost  ?25-?30 alone to rectify, with possibly a
similar amount for the  motherboard replacement.  Rather than spend such an
amount on repairs I was wondering if  anyone can point me to a replacement of
some kind.  Funds are  limited at the moment so I will need to consider very
carefully  what are my options.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.  Jim Williams
 ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- **
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link
doesn't work then send a message to: ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and
in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as
vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- **
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq  ** To leave the
[...]

PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION