[access-uk] Re: XP AND FORMATTING

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:57:03 +0100

Hi Joe,

So I guess the real problem is "adolescent hormones"?
Smile.

Depending on what she wants, or needs, to change, there are
various things you can do.=20

The first might be to save anything in My Documents and it's
folders that she wants to save, into a new folder on the
hard drive.

Then set up a new user and password.

Copy the saved files into the new My Documents folder.

Finally, delete the old user account accepting the option to
delete the old users folders.

That's one stage.

If the machine itself is registered in sonny boy's name she
can re-register the operating system.

To open Registration Wizard, click Start, and then click
Run. In the Open box, type regwiz /r.=20

(Note that that is regwiz space forward slash r as in
romeo.)

There are other things that can be done to eradicate opr
change names, but that may cool down the situation for an
hour or three.

George.