[access-uk] Re: Well, What do you know! Sony MZ HR1 MD recorder

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 22:31:45 +0100

Hi Ray,

To say the PTR2 matches the Edirol in any way is pure silliness.  The PTR
can't record in straight wave, it has too many moving parts, and is just too
darned bulky.  Good for recording Daisy, but I wouldn't use it for location
recording.  The appeal of the Edirol is that you can just pull it out of
your pocket, and capture sound.  There are very few devices that let you
capture sound with reasonable quality, without having wires everywhere.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,
Fax:  +44(0)1438 759589