[access-uk] Re: Sonus 1XT question

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:22:44 +0100 (CET)

I'm still using a couple of radios that date back to the 1970s, one of which is
a ghetto-blaster. They do need the occasional squirt of WD40 to stop the
switches making noises, but apart from that they owe me nothing. But then, I'm
not at all excited about DAB radio, and will only use it if I'm foreced to, or
I suddenly decide I can't live without the extra stations. As these radios have
short, medium and long waves as well as FM< I'm not short of stations to listen
to! They don't announce the name of the station, but I usually know it by its
position on the band I'm tuned to.

Vince.

Message Received: Feb 27 2014, 10:57 AM
From: "Kulvinder Singh Bhogal"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Sonus 1XT question

Fare enough.  Maybe my expectations are higher than that of the manufacturer or
average user.   Regards     Kulvinder Singh Bhogal
Twitter: @BhogalKulvinder
SKYPENAME: bobba2006
Tel: +441332 514323
Mob: +447581 483856   From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014
6:37 AM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: Sonus 1XT question
  Hi Culvinder.   I respectfully disagree, the £99 price tag was a reasonable
price to pay for a DAB radio at the time, in any case 8 years is good for most
electrical appliances of this type anyway, in fact I’d say that most radios
today wouldn’t last last 6 years or more without developing some malfunction at
some point in their service lives.  I don't think I’ve ever had one that’s
lasted me above 3 or 4 years, not that I can recall anyway.   All the best,
Ibrahim.   From: Kulvinder Singh Bhogal Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014
10:12 PM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: Sonus 1XT
question   The average seems to be 8 years and then you have to think about
ditching the radio.   That’s not very good considering the premium you pay for
these radios.   Regards     Kulvinder Singh Bhogal
Twitter: @BhogalKulvinder
SKYPENAME: bobba2006
Tel: +441332 514323
Mob: +447581 483856   From: Pele West Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:41
AM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: Sonus 1XT question   Hi

The Sonos 1 that went wrong in our house was bought from Tapesense in
September 2006.

The Tempus 1 that went wrong was bought from Currys in July 2004.

The Sonos 1 that my husband is listening to at the moment was bought
from Simply Radios in March 2005.

Make of that what you will.

Pele

is active.