[access-uk] Re: Phone contracts with O2

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:41:09 -0000

Hi,

As far as I can remember and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but Chris is on o2 pay as you go, not a contract. I certainly don't have any problems with o2. Have been with them over a year now. I certainly can use my own email server, can go to any website, can use other programs like IM + with no problem at all. GPRS is slower way of accessing the internet through your phone via GSM, as with 3g it is a lot faster. The only slight problem with o2, as Jacky mentioned is that if you want to find out how many minutes or text messages you have, you have to contact their customer services and actually talk to someone and it is not automated like on most if not all the other providers. O2 also has unlimited data package for £7.50 per month. Well I say unlimited, but they say that their fair usage policy means that they limit you to 250 mb per month.

HTH.
Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://mashupradio.net