[access-uk] Re: Disabling Touch Pad

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:56:33 -0000

Many thanks for taking so much trouble over this, George.

First let me say that this is a new machine purchased in October from
Dolphin. I take it that the Vista OS and Toshiba software were put on the
HD from an image - all that was done before I received it was installation of
Hal 8, Office etc.   All the Toshiba stuff should be "factory fresh".  Dolphin
suggest that I should be able to disable the Touch Pad from Device
Manager.  I can find ALPS pointing device but there is no disable in its
Context menu.

Also when I open the Mouse Hardware and Sound in Control Panel I have
only five property sheets and the Touch Pad On/Off one you describe is
missing.

Another odd thing, not strictly relevant, is that if I go to Programs, Toshiba
Utilities and select Accessibility, I get an error message "this system cannot
use Toshiba Accessibility".  As a matter of interest I tried the same
procedure on an old Toshiba A10, and there was no Error message.

It looks as if I need the Touch Pad On/Off utility you mention but I fail to
understand why it is not installed anyway.

To save cluttering up the list may I also thank Chris for his suggestions - I
hope that the above summarises the current position.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison