[access-uk] Re: Calling all Windows 7 64 bit users

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:01:29 +0100

Hi David

Thanks for responding so helpfully.  The first task I completed when setting
up the machine was to turn off the User Account Control as it is often a
real pain when trying to install software and hardware.  All I keep getting
is that the scanner cannot be found, and to wait for the Add New Hardware
feature to pop up, then continue.  Trouble is it never does, and instead
installs an unknown USB scanner.

I hate being beaten, but we found ourselves going round and round in circles
with it yesterdaay, so if I don't receive anything that I can try on list,
I'll just have to ask the chaps at the shop to help me with it as I'm
obviously doing something wrong, or there is a specific way in which it
needs to be installed.

I'll let you know if I get it sorted!

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns