[access-uk] Re: Calling all Windows 7 64 bit users

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:24:56 +0100

Hi David

Then please do forgive me for being completely stupid, but where did you
install the driver on your PC?  Did you, for example, put the driver in the
root of drive C, or in Users, or your name, for example.  I've tried putting
it in a couple of places, but the minute I do that, then execute the driver,
it tells me there is no scanner installed.  And when I don't execute the
driver, but simply turn on the scanner, it still tells me the driver has
been unsuccessfully installed, and the scanner comes up in the Device
Manager is a USB2 device.

Any help someone could add to that would be so much appreciated.

On a more positive note, and thanks to everyone who gave me links and tips,
I have installed Microsoft Security Essentials, and Microsoft Office 2003.

I'm still trying to work out how to get normal items like Internet Explorer
and Computer onto the Desktop, but it's coming ... Slowly! (smile).

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx