[access-uk] Calling all Windows 7 64 bit users

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:21:42 +0100

Hi George et al

Just to say that I tried again to install the driver for the Opticbook 3600
without success.  As soon as I allowed the file to start extracting, it told
me there was no scanner.  I even tried installing it with the scanner on,
but I then got a message informing me that the driver had been installed
unsuccessfully.

It will be a holiday here in Northern Ireland tomorrow, so I will wait until
Wednesday to see if the chaps at the shop can get the drivers installed and
the scanner up and running for me because I'm buggered if I can fathom it,
and I've installed scanners before without any hassle.

Other than that, does anyone know how I can create shortcut items for my
Desktop, and how I can see items in the System Tray.  I only have three
items in the latter, and I want items such as Safely Remove Hardware etc in
there.

Thanks for all help, it really is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx