[access-uk] Re: Blue Tooth Keyboard help please

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 12:39:03 +0000

There’s my review of this keyboard available at
http://disabilitynow.org.uk/article/rivo-control-palm-pocket

It doesn’t go into detail about the operation of the RiVO but it does give a
pretty good overview I think. I believe Steve Nutt is the UK distributor but
there’s a link to the Korean company’s website in the article.
On 7 Sep 2015, at 13:28,
Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

It's perhaps slightly bigger than a credit card, but doesn't feel flimsy in any
way.

It uses two methods to input text, one of which is the old-style ABC method you
found on most of the Nokia phones.

It has 4 buttons either side of the numberpad, and these are for producing
various commands. The left side are for L keys and the right are four R keys.
So, for example, L1+R1 would start/stop music playing. Get the idea? This is
why there's quite a learning curve.

It's not as fast as a QWERTY, really, but very portable.

Hope this helps.

Carol P

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted
sender "carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
for DMARC)
Sent: 06 September 2015 19:10
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I also have recently started to use the RiVO and think it's good, though
there's a bit of a learning curve which won't be for everyone.

The keys are also fairly flat (if you have touch difficulties) and it's a bit
more expensive than most of the others.

If you want real portability, however, and you feel like the learning challenge
then it's worth a good look!

Carol P