[access-uk] Re: Blue Tooth Keyboard help please

  • From: Aman Singer <aman.singer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 08:51:01 -0400

Hi Scott and all,
Keep in mind, if you will, Scott, that all bluetooth keyboards work with almost
all devices which support bluetooth keyboards. That is, the bt keyboard profile
is a standard. Manufacturers build to that standard. Generally, and there are
very few exceptions, everything works with everything else. If it can take
input from a bt keyboard, it will work with most of them. The question for a
keyboard buyer is what will best suit him. That's the long way of saying yes,
the Amazon keyboard will work well with the iPhone.
Having said that, the difficulty with keyboards is balancing portability with
easy typing. You will find many keyboards which are very small indeed, there
are many which will very easily fit in a pants pocket, I carry one and have
room for keys, and it doesn't make the pocket bulge. Now this is great for
giving commands, start/stop playing, next item, previous item, blindsquare,
read mail, and so on. I wouldn't want to type a long message on it, though.
With the Logitech and Apple boards, I would be pleased to type out an email, or
even a chapter, but the keyboard isn't going to fit into anyone's pocket. The
keys are only slightly smaller than normal keyboards, they are placed as usual,
and the board just doesn't feel cramped while typing. The smaller boards do
often feel cramped and also often have key placement changed to support the
board's small size. The folding boards offer a kind of solution, but they
aren't free of issues. Personally, I have a ton of keyboards, I figure they're
what pens and pencils are for a sighted person. Each one has its ow use case.
i have lost count of the keyboards I have returned because they don't fit my
circumstances. Having said all that, the Amazon unit is very portable, but not
very good to type on for me. You may get different results, so If you'd like to
take the time, it may be worth finding a place with a good return policy or, if
you have, for example, an Apple store near you, having a physical look at these
keyboards to decide whether they fit you.
I hope that's of use.
Aman

On Sep 7, 2015, at 4:59 AM, Scott Cunningham <unionjack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thanks, does keyboard work well with an Iphone, and is it neat and portable?

thanks

Kindest Regards

Scott Cunningham MBE

Visit www.legendstrek.co.uk for information on all of our upcoming events and
how you can make a difference and change someones life for the better!