[access-uk] Re: BBC iPlayer TV Beta

  • From: "Alasdair King" <alasdairking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 14:24:56 +0000

Thanks, Brian.

Help files: yes, I'm stupid, forgot to include the text. The whole
thing is pasted below.

Yes, I intend to update RSS, Podcatcher, and the BBC programs all to
have the same interface of list one, list two, access keys for each.
So consistent across all the programs. In this case Alt and S will get
you the station list and Alt and P will get you the programmes list.

Help file follows:
This is a program to let you play BBC television programmes made
available through their iPlayer website. It only does TV shows: check
out BBC iPlayer Radio for radio programmes.
You start in a list of BBC TV stations. Cursor up and down to the
station you want and press return. Press escape repeatedly and you'll
always get back to this list.
After a few seconds you'll be placed in a list of programmes available
for this station. Cursor up and down and press return to watch a
programme. It should start playing after a few seconds.
While a programme is playing you can use these keys to control it:
Space will pause and unpaused the programme. Escape will stop it and
return you to the programme list. Control and I increases the volume
and Control and D decreases it. Control and W takes you 30 seconds
forward in the programme and Control and B takes you 30 seconds back:
however, these will only start working after most of the programme has
finished downloading, which may take a minute or two. F11 makes the
programme full-screen in Windows Media Player if you can see it: press
Escape to return to this program.
For help and support contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or call Alasdair on
07983 244 131. Accessible BBC iPlayer TV is a programme from WebbIE
and the Accessible project and is developed by Alasdair King. The
content it plays is all copyright the BBC.

Alasdair King