[access-uk] Re: BBC iPlayer TV Beta

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:18:49 -0000

Hi

This is a real improvement and certainly you are able to play, pause, re-start
the program together with increasing or decreasing the volume.  Pressing F1
just seemed to bring into view an empty Edit Field with no text.
But it is nice that everything is in the same interface and that the user can
press the keystrokes he or she is familiar with.

The search fascility currently has very limited value because you can achieve
almost the same objective with using first letter navigation, whereas the
search facility across all channels would allow you to find what you want as
you can with the I-Player.  The actual interface for the search though is nice.

Do you see this being available in the same program as the ability to select
radio stations?  The only reason I ask is that currently I see that in the new
program you have prepared a TV channel list and a programme list, where it is
necessary to Tab to each list, whereas in the public release you have a list of
radio stations activated with ALT+R and a list of tV channels activated by
pressing ALT+T.  So the end user experiences a slightly different way of
selecting channels and programmes.  I take it the user will have consistency
when selecting either media eventually?

Brian Hartgen