[access-uk] Re: Accessibilty and the iPad: First Impressions | ATMac

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:59:53 -0000

Isn't it the case that multitasking is only good if you can easily flit
between the open applications? Alt tabbing between two open windows on a
PC is simple and helpful. If I had to hit a number of buttons to do it
then I might just as well close and relaunch because of the time it
takes.

No?

Just being devil's advocate. Not sure which way I think at all though I
tend to be on the Symbian side. It sounds more cute than useful being
able to flick a screen that you can't feel. But I am toying with the
idea of getting an iPad for general use in front of TV, looking up
stuff, doing a bit of casual shopping online and crucially easily being
able to share a nice usable piece of kit with my girlfriend who doesn't
need voiceover. But then again, it is rather expensive isn't it.

I can't imagine being able to do decent web surfing on the iPhone at any
speed or with any great one touch control. I've not tried it though.

But I really would like to be able to have a way of blogging or
contributing to websites while I'm on the train. I have a Netbook but
haven't got my head around which is the best dongle deal. Anyone? Maybe
I should start a new thread on that one. I travel from east anglia to
London most days so not sure if Vodafone or O2 or Orange is the best
network for 3G broadband. And I just don't know how to get a decent
answer to that which is holding me off from buying anything.

One things for sure though ... It's amazing to see so many visually
impaired people on this list now being able to talk about a number of
rather good mobile solutions. I wonder which will win out?

...Damon