[acc_tr_vsk] Re: Strategy for the UNT

  • From: "Rick Schulze" <rick.schulze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:09:06 +0200

Hi friends, John, J-L,

I agree with John rapidly. I think that spirit and purpose of our meetings is
to associate with friends, independently from the nationality, and to join in
team races. I think, if we construct 2 (or more) teams we become getting a too
large distance to the other team friends. And this cannot be the mind!! What
was the problem yesterday? I saw none!
Expected Marcos probs with his server (not his fault!!!) we did sail seven
races. And the fact, that two friends have to be in Spec during each race was,
in my mind, ok. We all together had have contact and did have temperature even
in the Spectator. Wasn't it?
Now we are eight members in UN and these are enough I think. Sometimes the one
or other is absent (what reasons is not relevant) and so some pauses while
races is very well for recreation (for example smoking :-)).
In this spirit

Cheers, Rick
          From: jd-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <jd-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [acc_tr_vsk] Strategy for the UNT
          To: acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Wednesday, 26 May, 2010, 8:28

          Hi John, hi good fellows !

          Thanks you Marco and Rick for the great competion you set up
yesterday (i shall need a little bit time to put the scores lol)!

          Thanks you John for your sincer feelback. I also had messages from
other UNT mates which all rejected the idea i had launched. That is a important
point because UNT is not mine but own to all us who give life to it.
          Belower I however regive the problem we have to face together.

          John said:
          >            I want at first to be clear I consider ALL the UN team
equally as comrades and mates but i think to make national teams is  not the way

          All agree as I now agree too.

          > i think we have  made a mistake to make one team too big, we can
still make two teams  of un mixed nationalities.

          UNT becomes too large. That is the MAIN point. I wish that you say
what you think, because in the site, we invit people to join. If we want to
stop the recruitment, we have to delete this invitation. Do we want to stay no
more than we are ? Do we want to stay open ?

          I suggest an alternative: UNT stays as now (8 skippers) but its site
and mailing list can be used to ease to found and to organize new teams. What
do you think ?

          Amicalement,

          Jluc